On Oct 15, 2009, at 11:42, Kyle Sluder wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Laurent Daudelin
> <laurent.daude...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> A "print" Apple Event? Can you elaborate a bit?
>
> Apple Events are the IPC mechanism underlying AppleScript and
> Automator.  I won't go into a detailed explanation, but open up
> AppleScript Editor and take a look at TextEdit's scripting dictionary,
> in particular the "print" command.  "Print" is a part of the standard
> suite, so almost every application supports it.
>
> --Kyle Sluder

Kyle,

I'm sorry to report that it doesn't work. Maybe it's a Word problem not reading
the print settings but the print job will always go to the default printer
(which is the last one I used in my testing), not to the CUPS-PDF one:

tell application "Microsoft Word"
        set theDoc to alias "Mac OS X:Users:laurent:Desktop:To
Convert:MagazineSource Complaints.doc"
        set printConfig to {copies:1, target printer:"CUPS-PDF"}
        print theDoc with properties printConfig
end tell
A;as
Any other suggestion?

-Laurent.