Normally I’d agree, but people understand things in different ways. I found
reading Aaron Hillegass book on Cocoa far more understandable than Apple’s
docs. When I first started I used Apple’s docs as my reference and Aaron’s book
as a way to understand it. Now I just use the Apple docs, but for beginners I
strongly recommend that book.

On Jan 4, 2010, at 6:11 AM, Roland King wrote:

>> On 2010-01-03 00:08, Eric Smith wrote:
>>> Correct, do not release the array.  If you don't create it with "init", or
>>> retain it, then you should not release it.
>>>
>> Eric, thank you for stating that rule. It should be easy enough to remember
>> and help me avoid this problem in the future.
>
> With respect to Eric, that's part of the rule, the rules are in the memory
> management guide and it's better to read them in full from the apple
> documentation than paraphrase them.

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc.

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and
the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Clabell