No I don't do that.
In the applicationDidFinishLaunching method I call
    reply = [NSApp runModalForWindow:aboutWindow];
an I dismiss the about window with a timer 2 seconds later.
But even if I comment this line of code, at login, I see the Finder active,
so my app is not active, but the window of my app is clearly visible.
And I can click on it, activate my app and Quit. Which is not what I really
want.

So maybe I didn't understand a point. I explain:
I see in the login item list an Apple application called iTunesHelper.
This is marked as hidden. And when I login I don't see it at all. I cannot
activate nor quit it.
So, how to make my app behaving exactly like that?

Anyway, if I double click on the application iTunesHelper it doesn't get
launched or visible. Strange...

Regards
-- Leonardo