>> So the question of course is there any way to mark an entire objC class as
>> being private (non-exported) to a bundle?  I'm half shocked and half amazed
>> that there seems to be no such way, in contrast to the compiler setting that
>> C/C++ symbols can be set to be private by default. I feel like a radar
>> really should be filed on this, or am I grossly missing something?
>
> Yes, you are missing a fundamental difference between Objective-C and C++.
> There is one runtime for the entire application. Class definitions are loaded
> and registered with the runtime. The class is not defined by its symbol, it
> is defined by its named registration with the runtime.

Well, I would suggest that that's not a fundamental difference.  That's the
objC bundle loader not having a markup/tag mechanism for omitting objC classes
that the bundle author simply does not wish to be public.

But I do agree that a fresh radar is in order.  The workaround I went with is a
class name mangler macro that all our classes now use, sigh.