Hello.

I'm facing the task of fixing a problem occurring in one of the UITableView of
our app. The view displays cells of various height. Everything works fine,
except that we have a mechanism that when we reach the last cell at the bottom,
that cell will trigger loading more data and adding more cells from the server.
The problem happens when scrolling. If I reach the bottom of the table view and
keep scrolling up, the table view seems to get in some kind of wacky mode. The
scroll indicator is always visible and the table view loses its "smoothness",
e.g. when scrolling, it won't have its momentum to smoothly decelerate, it will
stop scrolling as soon as the touch ends. If I scroll to the bottom and just
reaches the last cell without forcing it up, then after loading about a dozen
cells, it will work as expected.

There isn't much special code in that UITableView subclass and not much either
in the UITableViewController so I'm a little bit at a lost as to what could
cause this. There is nothing fancy here, no custom handling of touches and
things like that, just loading a bunch of cells and then loading more when we
reach the bottom of the table view and there is more data to load.

Anyone has any idea where I could look for this?

Thanks in advance for any pointer!

-Laurent.
--
Laurent Daudelin