On Jan 28, 2012, at 1:17 AM, Ron Hunsinger wrote:

> After a single quote, the *only* character that has a special meaning is
> another single quote, which ends the quotation.

…or a newline :)

[And yes, I have encountered filenames with newlines in them. It happened after
I downloaded a PDF with a non-mnemonic filename, then opened it in Preview,
copied the title of the paper, and pasted it into the filename in the Finder.
Unfortunately the line break in the title got pasted in too. I found out later
because several apps, including Dropbox, were very unhappy with the resulting
file.]

—Jens