On Aug 18, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Koen van der Drift <koenvanderdr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In my OS X app I show some webpages in a WebView, but I'd like to show them
> stripped down, remove clutter, e.g. as is done in Evernote and other apps.
>
> Any suggestions where to start? Maybe use a local css file?

Answering to myself...

Alright, I found some clues on SO, and am now able to replace the css file with
my own by tweaking the DOMDocument.  The only place I could think of to do this
is in

- (void)webView:(WebView *)sender didFinishLoadForFrame:(WebFrame *)frame

But since the webview loads asynchronously,  I first see the page with the
original css for a second or two, and then it changes to the page using my
local css file only after the whole page has loaded.

Is there another place where I could hook into so the page shows correctly
immediately?

Next is to strip the DOM form all elements I don't need :)

- Koen.