On Aug 18, 2012, at 2:46 PM, Matt Patenaude <m...@mattpatenaude.com> wrote:

> User stylesheets should work just fine, so you should try to figure out
> what's going wrong with that. Perhaps don't use standardPreferences; use
> [self.webView setPreferencesIdentifier:@"mySpecialPreferences"] to generate a
> new preferences object for your WebView, then [self.webView preferences] to
> get a preferences object to customize.

Nope, still doen't work, the custom css is not used.  Unless I did something
wrong:

    [self.webView setPreferencesIdentifier: @"mySpecialPreferences"];

    WebPreferences  *prefs = [self.webView preferences];
    [prefs setJavaScriptEnabled: YES];
    [prefs setCacheModel: WebCacheModelDocumentBrowser];
    [prefs setPlugInsEnabled: YES];

    NSString *path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource: @"default" ofType:
@"css"];
    NSURL *cssUrl = [NSURL URLWithString: path];

    [prefs setUserStyleSheetEnabled: YES];
    [prefs setUserStyleSheetLocation: cssUrl];

    [self.webView setPreferences: prefs];

> If that still doesn't work, why don't you just hide your WebView and show a
> spinner while it's loading, and then after it loads and you've injected your
> stylesheets, show it?

The delay is a separate issue, but this works great to prevent it.  Thanks!

- Koen.