On Mon, Oct 1, 2012, at 07:20 AM, Mike Abdullah wrote:

> On 1 Oct 2012, at 13:13, Martin Hewitson <martin.hewit...@aei.mpg.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Oops, sorry, I chopped off the top of the report. Here it is:
> >
> > Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
> > Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
> > Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
> >
> > Application Specific Information:
> > abort() called
> > *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception
> > 'NSInvalidUnarchiveOperationException', reason: '*** -[NSKeyedUnarchiver
> > decodeInt64ForKey:]: value for key (NSTag) is not an integer number'
>
> Well this seems like your nib is corrupted in some fashion. I wouldn't
> expect the preferences or app support to make a scrap of difference here.
> Try asking your customer to re-install to see if they're got a corrupted
> copy of the app.

Are you sure? It could also be the restorable state that's corrupted.

Martin, have your user hold the Shift key when launching your app. This
will bypass state restoration, with the caveat that your app will not
restore any unsaved untitled documents that were open at the time of the
crash.

--Kyle Sluder