On 25 Oct, 2012, at 10:05 PM, Julius Oklamcak <juli...@icodemonks.com> wrote:

>> If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please show me your guidance.
>
> From some work I did earlier this year for a client, UIImagePickerController
> needs to be presented modally or in a UIPopoverController. It also doesn't
> handle being a root view controller very well (window.rootViewController =
> imagePickerController).
>
> Without going the route of using the various AV Foundation APIs to implement
> your own camera controller class, the solution I used was to present the
> UIImagePickerController modally in the root view controller's
> -viewDidAppear: method (you could try in -viewWillAppear:).

That is all true - on top of that, after introducing view controller
containment in iOS5 to give people a proper way of doing what was always not
recommended, taking a view from ViewController B and slapping it into
ViewController A, iOS 6 is finally strict about it. You just can't do this any
more.

If you want to mix views from different VCs on the screen, you now *must* use
View Controller Containment (and that's the right thing to look for in the
documentation).

The advice above about UIImagePickerController is I believe also true, that
thing really wants to be modal (I hope they change that one day).