On 10/25/12 8:59 PM, Erik Stainsby wrote:
It seems to me this ought to be a trivial function of the OS, but I can't
find anything that tells me how to go about this.

I have a window which contains half a dozen text fields and three table
views. I'd like to be able to use a single key-combo to trigger an insert
into the current table. To make this work I need to be able to recognize each
tableView distinctly, obviously. I also need to recognize if the current
focus is not within one of the tables, which case I will handle differently.

I have thought of overriding - keyDown: but reading though the docs it looks
like I would have to create a tag and reference a hand-built index
associating the tags with the input controls, which seems insanely error
prone and tedious.

Is there something in the docs which I've missed? Any pointers please?

You want NSWindow's -firstResponder

Regards
Markus