The user is still able to control things like fading with a MIDI/OSC controller
- they definitely do not do that with mouse. But there are things which only
controllable with the UI, deleting layers for example. And there are some
circumstances - for example, loading a whole project, where the app's state
just reseted before displaying the open panel, and the loading process presume
everything is clear when iterating thru the load data, so it could would be bad
if the app's "clear state" can change when an open panel is opened.