On Feb 24, 2013, at 09:10 , Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

> If that doesn't clear the problem, try launching your app with the Shift key
> held down (or turn on "Don't restore windows" in your Debug scheme's editor,
> or set the ApplePersistenceIgnoreState default to YES).

Good idea.

I'd also try using Apple menu -> "Recent Items" -> "Clear Menu".

I'd also try switching the panel mode between column view and list view, and
navigating to a series of different folder without using the popup (and
clicking Save for each one), to push older "recents" out of the popup.

> And if course, FILE A BUG! http://bugreport.apple.com. It could be that Apple
> knows about this issue already.

Yes, and attaching a crash dump might provide sufficient information to isolate
the problem.

On Feb 24, 2013, at 01:26 , Peter Hudson <peter.hud...@me.com> wrote:

>      NSSavePanel *sp = [NSSavePanel  savePanel];
>      [sp  setTitle:@"Save as HTML"];
>      [sp  setRequiredFileType:@"html"];

The last line of code is a bit suspect here.

'setRequiredFileType:' was deprecated in 10.6. You should be using
'setAllowedFileTypes:' instead. (If you target back to 10.5, you can use a
run-time check to decide which method to use.)

More importantly, given that the crash occurs in code that appears to be
deciding whether your app can open files with a certain extension, you could
change this last line to specify a UTI for html content ('kUTTypeHTML') rather
than an extension. UTIs are the *correct* solution.