On 18 Aug 2013, at 15:03, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> wrote:

> I just noticed that the program I use to create Png files creates files with
> twice the number of pixels in each dimension.
> Obviously because since I last used it, I have switched to a Retina Mac Book.
>
> Ok, so I have to fix this program.

The correct way to fix this problem is to create an image via CGContextCreate
and CGContextCreateImage.  When doing this you specify pixel rather than point
dimensions, and do not have the issue you’re experiencing.  You detect a retina
device by testing scaleFactor as you suggested, it’s just unnecessary here.

Tom Davie