On Sep 19, 2013, at 2:45 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> I am never able to get this shit right 100% of the time, and I don't know if
> it's because I'm doing something wrong, or iOS is broken and I need to do
> something else.

As a second to Rick's request, auto-layout has given me fits on both iOS and OS
X. I have not found the Auto-Layout Guide doc or various blog / other posts or
WWDC sessions (unless I missed one that had this in it) on it to be a silver
bullet. I find the pre-autolayout springs/struts approach to be easy to
understand, but more importantly, it behaves consistently and the IB UI doesn't
seem to get confused. With auto-layout, I've had no such success -- the IB UI
seems to have a will of its own, and the UI seems to continually generate or
change various things inexplicably in response to what are by all other
indications proper constraints you create.

If anyone out there has THE definitive guide on how to use auto-layout and
accomplish various common use cases of relative resizing, you have money
waiting in my wallet.

Thanks,

Brad