I changed the type of a property from NSString to Transformable. I added a new
model version to do this, and set the appropriate flags.

But Core Data seems to be deleting my database and starting fresh, anyway.

I verified that if I don't set the auto-migration options, then it gets an
error when it attempts to open the db.

Any idea how I can figure out what's going wrong here? If I have to write
custom migration code, that's fine. The property in question was unused until
now, so the data in that property can be discarded (it should be null for all
records). But it's blowing away all the data.

Thanks,

--
Rick