On 2013 Oct 04, at 18:56, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> … but Core Data seems to be deleting my database and starting fresh, anyway.
>
> I verified that if I don't set the auto-migration options, then it gets an
> error when it attempts to open the db.

Rick, this looks like a case of "You should look more carefully", because if
things are really happening as you say, we're all in deep trouble.

If Core Data presented an error, or maybe even failed silently to open the
database, I could believe that, but *deleting* the database is pretty hard to
imagine.