On Jul 10, 2014, at 23:34 , Ken Thomases <k...@codeweavers.com> wrote:

> Have you connected the delegate outlet of your text view (field?)?

This was my first thought, too, but:

1. The delegate method ‘control:textShouldBeginEditing:’ seems like it’s called
too late. Presumably the selection change needs to be done when the text field
gets first responder status, not when the text is actually changed.

2. It’s not obvious to me how the text field gets first responder status. In
the TableViewPlayground sample code, it does, without any apparent support, so
I assume this is something built into NSOutlineView -> NSTableViewCell ->
textField outlet (when you press Return). I don’t know how you’d customize that
if you have a non-standard table cell view. In particular, I don’t see how
you’d know *when* this was happening.

I guess you could solve it with a NSTextField subclass that overrides becoming
first responder. Or is there a more direct solution, do you think?