> On Sep 22, 2014, at 7:16 PM, Herman Chan <herman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> I have both in my app, both presenting from rootVC and just plain controller.
>  I fish out the rootVC to get rid of warning like this "Presenting view
> controllers on detached view controllers is discouraged”.

So why do you have detached view controllers in the first place?

Detached view controllers have been discouraged ever since it was possible to
setup the parent-child relationship in the first place. I suspect that if you
fix your detached view controllers that you will fix this issue too.

> I am seeing crash logs from both instance of presenting view controllers
> (both from rootVC and not), so that's probably not the issue here.
>
> Herman
>
> On 22 Sep 2014, at 22:14, Ben Kennedy wrote:
>
>> On 22 Sep 2014, at 6:36 pm, Herman Chan <herman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> GlobalSettingsViewController *c = [[GlobalSettingsViewController alloc]
>>> initWithGroupDataSource:self.dataSource];
>>> navigationController = [[UINavigationController alloc]

--
David Duncan