> Le 15 déc. 2014 à 13:31, Uli Kusterer <witness.of.teacht...@gmx.net> a écrit :
>
> On 15 Dec 2014, at 12:42, Jean-Daniel Dupas <mail...@xenonium.com> wrote:
>> I found only 5 classes that does not responds to isProxy and they are all
>> internal classes, so real code will never have to deal with instances of
>> such classes.
>
> Maxthon is iterating over the classes in the system. Even internal classes to
> the OS show up in that list, so I really don't see how he would *not* have to
> be able to at least deal with their presence.

Fair enough, but I didn’t got any issue while dealing with theses classes. I
managed to query if they responds to a selector, got there superclass and more.

> Apart from completely re-thinking his approach. E.g. NSImageRep, AFAIK,
> simply has each image representation subclass add itself to an NSArray from
> its +initialize method. I'd think that'd be less fragile than walking the
> entire class list.

I fully agree on that. Relying on class iteration is generally a design flaw.
It is too fragile to be used in a reliable and futur proof way.
But I don’t think you can rely on +initialize to register subclasses as
initialize will not be called until the someone try to use the target class (or
one of it’s subclass).

You can use +load but should probably be careful when doing so as there is no
guarantee about the class loading order AFAIK.