> On 10 Feb 2015, at 9:16 am, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> FWIW (and while we wait for Jerry to tell us what was in the missing screen
> shot), I’ve abandoned the “offset it by 0.5 points” approach, in the last
> year or two. I don’t necessarily have an unarguable justification, but my
> reasoning runs along these lines:

I'd also say that it's just about justified for UI elements (button borders,
etc) but never for content, and increasingly less so as you point out. Sound's
like Jerry's case is content, so I'd draw it in the correct place and let the
system rasterize it. The rationale there is that content such as CAD drawings
are ulimately intended to be printed*, and printing technology has way higher
resolution than the screen.

*Maybe this is becoming less the case, but as someone who occasionally actually
builds stuff from physical materials, a hard copy of a drawing is still
essential.

--Graham