On 12 Feb 2015, at 06:36, N!K <pu56ucl...@alumni.purdue.edu> wrote:
> Control-clicking the button in .xib does show the outlet panel but it does
> not list an IBAction, so it cannot connect to the IBAction entered into the
> MyView.h and .m files. Also, control-dragging from the button to MyView (in
> .xib, not in editor) sets up the position constraints. Control-dragging from
> the button to any icon does nothing.

 You mean to File's Owner? Is the "Custom Class" of File's Owner set to the
right class? Both right-drag and ctrl-drag still work for me to connect button
actions in 6.1.1 (which is the latest on the MAS).

> I haven’t needed a control for quite some time, and I found that things have
> changed in Xcode 6.1.1.  I’m attempting to follow Apple’s current instruction.
>
> Here’s the instruction from Apple’s Xcode_Overview.pdf, 2014-03-10, pp 64-65.
> The pictures have to be omitted here due to space constraints of this forum.
>
> Control-drag from the control in Interface Builder to the implementation
> file. (In the screenshot, the assistant editor displays the implementation
> file of the view controller for the Warrior button.) Xcode indicates where
> you can insert an action method in your code.
>
> [picture shows a line with a leading circle in a space in .m]
>
> Release the Control-drag. The assistant editor displays a Connection menu. In
> this menu, type the name of the action method (chooseWarrior in the
> screenshot below), and click Connect.
>
> [picture shows a menu with space to enter name of action]

 This is for adding a new outlet/action. I was under the impression you had an
existing one that you just wanted to hook up?

> Connect User Interface Objects to Code
>
> In the implementation file, Xcode inserts a skeletal definition for the new
> method, as shown below. The IBAction return type is a special keyword
> indicating that this instance method can be connected to your storyboard or
> xib file. Xcode also sets the action selector for the control to this method.
> As a result, the method gets invoked whenever the control receives an action
> message.
>
> [picture shows - (IBAction)chooseWarrior:(id)sender { }  ]
>

> This Xcode_Overview example uses an implementation file, not AppDelegate. It
> does not add an empty object in IB.
>
> Xcode is not allowing connection to my MyView file. Insertion of  -
> (IBAction)act:(id)sender { } occurs only in my AppDelegate, which of course
> responds to the button. Clicking the button in the View initiates the
> IBAction, which indicates that I’m following the instruction correctly.  I do
> the same steps when  I try it with my MyView file, which fails.
>
> Might this be a bug? Or a defective copy of Xcode? Has anyone observed the
> same behavior?

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Can you give us a better description?
Your app delegate has an act: method but you're trying to connect to it by
dragging to a MyView?