On Apr 14, 2015, at 23:47 , Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> wrote:

> Using the Xcode template: iOS - Master-Detail, the Detail view has (in the
> top left corner) a Back-Button, which works fine.
>
> Now I added another UIBarButtonItem called: “Do something and go back”
> connected to some IBAction in DetailViewController.
>
> But how to make it go back to the MasterView?
>
> Found some mention of the red Exit symbol. But cannot persuade Xcode to
> create an Unwind segue to Master.
> Tried to Control-Drag from the yellow Detail thing to the red Exit below, but
> no effect.
>
> What am I missing?

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2298/_index.html
<https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2298/_index.html>

The key to this is that the unwind action method must have exactly the
parameter type shown. Anything else prevents IB from connecting the Exit button
to the  target.