> 5. Run
>
> iPhone        - tapping on "Do & Back" prints:
> 2015-04-16 12:16:52.799 Dummi[28069:20737983] -[MasterViewController
> doSomethingAndBackToMaster:] did something with "2015-04-16 05:16:49 +0000",
> will do: [<UIStoryboardSegue: 0x79f386e0> perform]
>
> iPad  - tapping on "Do & Back" prints:
> nothing.

What did you expect it to do on the iPad? If the master column is already
showing there’s nothing to do, if not you’re in portrait. Did you expect it to
do the same thing the ‘Master’ button does and show the master column? That’s
not really an unwind, it’s movement to a parallel state.

It’s arguably a bug. The reason it doesn’t do anything at all is because the
viewcontroller hierarchy is rather different between iPad and iPhone, in iPhone
the master and detail are stacked in a UINavigationController, so the unwind
segue finds the master as it goes up the tree. In the other they are siblings
in the splitviewcontroller, so the unwind segue doesn’t get found. Even if you
subclass the splitviewcontroller to return the master view controller you’ll
find the segue still does nothing as, as I said, it’s not really an unwind.