> > while writing the user documentation I came across quite often to
the
> > need of writing "Cocoon" instead than "Apache Cocoon" for fluency
and
> > readability. Since I'm stricly sticking to the use of @docname@ and
> > @doctitle@, I'm unwilling to write the "Cocoon" term directly in the
> > phrase: couldn't it be the case to have another macro that expands
> > "Cocoon" only ("shortname" or "appname" maybe)?
> In the XML documents I write, I use simple XML elements, which I
transform to
> the right content using a stylesheet. The example you give would look
something
> like this:

This is a good suggestion Ovidiu, but I'm looking for a more general
solution that integrates well with the actual setup. Using these "xml
macros" is fine, but in that case I'd rather stick to my .vimrc (no,
it's not a .emacs, I still have to see the light ;-P) to save keystrokes
and use custom placeholders... anyway, it stands as a good point :)

(a question - haven't tried it myself: how can you manage to strip the
"term" namespace declaration from the resulting doc? Is it something
being done by the XML serializer who recognizes that after the
transformation there are no "term" prefixed element left or will you end
up with a document that - redundantly - declares this namespace?).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino