Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Jeff Turner wrote:

Hi,

Generator, Reader and Transformer all inherit from
SitemapModelComponent, which declares the setup() method:

public interface SitemapModelComponent extends Component {
/**
* Set the <code>SourceResolver</code>, objectModel
* used to process the request.
*/
void setup(SourceResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String src, Parameters par)
throws ProcessingException, SAXException, IOException;
}

If there's no objections, I would like to:
- assert in the Javadoc that 'src' will never be null

Some generators do not require src attribute.

Yep.

- modify AbstractProcessingPipeline to ensure this, and throw meaningful
  exceptions otherwise.

Currently, leaving out the 'src' attribute causes a typically unhelpful
Cocoon error message:

java.net.MalformedURLException: Invalid System ID

May be add more helpful message to the AbstractGenerator / AbstractTransformer?

Nope, as we still don't know there if the "src" attribute will be of real use. This is the job of each concrete implementation, or at least a common superclass that actually does something with the "src".

Sylvain