java guru wrote:

> HI Thanx for reply.,
>   The problem with removing crimson jar from orion is
> that orion is complaining at startup 'coz it need
> parser to do its specific xml stuff....and it needs
> crimson..
>
> anyone with success?

   I don't know which version of Orion web server distributs Oracle,
i'll check, but here its my summary list for working with OC4J and Cocoon 2.
   - Removes jaxp.jar, crimsom.jar and parser.jar from ORION_HOME.
   - Replaces xerces.jar and xalan.jar with the version of Cocoon2,
renaming xerces.jar of orion distribution as xerces.jar.bak and copying
Cocoon2's xerces_1_4_1.jar as ORION_HOME/xerces.jar for example.
   - Copy other libs from COCOON_HOME/lib to ORION_HOME/lib directory.
   - Copy cocoon.jar to ORION_HOME/lib or add this jar into the
application directory WEB-INF/lib.
   - Makes .war and .ear files and copy .ear file to
ORION_HOME/applications directory.
   - Edit ORION_HOME/config/server.xml and
ORION_HOME/config/default-web-site.xml files.
   And thats, all.
   Best regards, Marcelo.

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa - [EMAIL PROTECTED]