On Tuesday 20 November 2001 05:12 pm, you wrote:
> Is it not possible to write XSP (java) to write back to the file?

Yes, it is possible to modify the XSP documents that are on disk. I think
having an XSP document being self-modifying might be a bit odd, so I would
segregate out the modifying bit into a separate component, but it should work.

I would not recommend modifying the documents in place, rather modifying a
copy and then replacing the original XSP when done. You don't want any funky
concurrency issues to arise.

Also I don't know how your application works, but if you ever release a new
version/update it you might not want to overwrite XSP documents that users
modified.
-pete

--
peter royal -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]