Sharat,

you can store your data in a DBMS and read them as XML.

Most DBMSs (Oracle, SQLServer, ...) can output data in XML, or you can use
ESQL or SQL Transformer (both from Cocoon) to get XML data from any DBMS.

Moreover, if you want to store data on disk and retrieve/modify them, XML is
not a good candidate for this task.

To clarify further: the writing of XML/XSL/XSP is something you can achieve
in Cocoon only by writing custom Java code (Actions for instance, as it has
been suggested). By itself Cocoon doesn't do this (and, for the reasons
outlined above, rightfully so).

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant