I have not implemented anything. i have not made any java classes. I only
usse the standard ResourceReader, FileGenerator and HTMLSerializer.

so what you say is that i can extend ResourceReader and override the
getLastModified(). No i havent done that but i can do that.
However I was hoping to avoid that, and even avoiding using the
resourceReader and use the FileGenerator.
Is that possible?
I guess in order to do that i would need to extend the FileGenerator and
override generateValidity() ?

If i do the first solution, i would then need to have one machh with the new
reader and another match which generates from the thi first. Will the last
Modifeded then get probagated through the pipeline so it eventually will get
cached at the serialization step?

thanks again.
anyway what you sugests will solve the problem.

cheers
Jesper