To be more precise, and quoting from the installation instructions:

Instead, a hack which some people have found to work is (in the case of
Tomcat 3.2) renaming xml.jar as zxml.jar and parser.jar as zparser.jar. For
other versions try renaming crimson.jar.

Also, as Max suggested, you may want to consider upgrading to Cocoon 2.

HTH,
Carlos

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Paradoxically, a refusal to 'put a monetary value on life' means that
life is often undervalued.
-- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach