Hi,

I just tried to install Cocoon and encountered the
following problem: when I attempt to access
http://localhost:8080/cocoon, I get an error message saying
that the connection to localhost:8080 was refused. When
stopping Tomcat (which is my servlet container), I get the
message

Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:320)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:133)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:120)
        at
java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:273)
        at
java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:100)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:826)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:683)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)

The Cocoon version is 2.0, my servlet container is Tomcat
4.0.1, my java is sun's SDK 1.3.1, and I work on a Linux
machine (kernel 2.4.4-4GB).

Obviously, the cocoon.war file was extracted (I found a
cocoon subdirectory in webapps, and a lot of Cocoon-related
messages in the Tomcat log files). Without Cocoon, Tomcat
works well.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

Tilman