I found serveral articles related my problem, and I made a test with a guide described
a good article below.
http://www2.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2001-October/019861.html
Cocoon, Fop, and embedded Truetype fonts
Jacob Cantwell [EMAIL PROTECTED]

cocoon2 embedded font Configuration task
1. metrics file create
2. userconfig.xml create
3. userconfig.xml added sitemap.xml
4. run & test
but It didn't work......

After the test, I could not see Korean fonts in a pdf as before.

A shell script using FOP in the C2 is generated a Korean charactors.
In C2, it is referenced userconfig defined in the sitemap.
However, in rendering a pdf, it may be refereced only default fonts, not additional
fonts.
So, Korean charactors in the generated pdf is generated as unrecognized charactors
like "####"

Though I read carefully detailed guides serveral times and made a test, every time I
failed a test with unrecognized charactors.
I'm convinced that there is no problem related the environment configuration of C2.