That certainly is do-able:

<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"; language="java">
     <root>
     </root>

     <xsp:structure>
         <xsp:include>java.util.Date</xsp:include>
     </xsp:structure>
     <xsp:logic>
                         private void
                         yourMethod(Date  d) {
                         }
     </xsp:logic>
</xsp:page>

Make sure you put the method outside of (before or after) your <root> element, though,
or the XSP won't compile.  (It'll try to insert the method into the body of the XSP's
generate method.)

DR