I meant to able to use embedded java to create
an instance of:
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.Transformer

Analogous to the way XSP currently works by
creating an instance of:

 org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator

(called XSPGenerator)

Now I see this is not supported, but what you have
suggested may help, thanks,

        -Chris