De: ROSSEL Olivier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: mercredi, 12. juin 2002 16:29
À: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Objet: RE: Cocoon and J2EE

> My cocoon.war comes with the binary distribution.
> I thought that this cocoon.war was necessary to work with Cocoon!?!
>
> My question is: What is necessary to work with Coccon and do
> you have to include it in each Enterprise ARchive you create??
>
> Thank you
> Sylvain

Vadim will tell if I am wrong, but Cocoon is a servlet, ie a Java class.
It needs several Java dependencies for XML parsing and other fundamental
things
to work properly.

Additionnal Java libraries can be added to extend its functionnalities (fop
for PDF rendering, batik for SVG and graphics management). They are not
mandatory.
If they are needed in your application, you have to list them in
cocoon.xconf
and/or sitemap.xmap.

For example, for wikiLand, I needed the basic Cocoon stuff and the chaperon
parser.
So I removed all the .jar uneeded that are usually shipped with Cocoon (big)
archive,
and added chaperon.jar.

If you want, you can take the .war available at the homepahe of wikiLand,
and
study it.
In fact, to remove the dependencies of Chaperon, simply have a look at the
beginning
the sitemap.xmap and comment everything that talks about chaperon or
wiki-parser.

Then you will have the skeleton for any Cocoon application.