At the moment, I could get davFS (Linux) to work fine as a
local filesystem.
I tried cvsfs, but could not make it to work.
It's toio bad because it has a natural naming convention <-> older version
of file
mapping. Any help is welcome.

BTW, I think the newer CVS system made by GNU will have a WebDAV
interface. May be it will also implement
that naming convention system.