Sorry for the re-post, but there have been some mail
problems on Friday when I posted it and I haven't
heard from anyone since then.  I'm still struggling
with both problems, so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Alex

xmlns:sunshine="http://cocoon.apache.org/sunshine/1.0";>

<sunshine:replace>item[@id='test']</sunshine:replace>