Jacob L E Blain Christen wrote:

>>Why not?
>

> Okay, so the apparent obvious answer to my question is only obvious to me.
> Look at Mauro's requirements:  standalone program, gui or batch processs,
> XLS and XPath.  Yes Cocoon does utilize XPath and XSL but these are easily
> utilized without Cocoon.  Given all of this, WHY would you want to go
> through
> the non-trivial task (if you think otherwise I suggest you go back and read
> the
> various installation problem posts) of setting up a servlet container with
> Cocoon?

Ok, in my case, where I already have my data(&sources) bundled under
Cocoon, I just wouldn't want to duplicate them or the presentation logic.
I'd go for a fat client (the desktop app per the original poster) making
requests to Cocoon.

> Cocoon is superfluous to Mauro's needs and can only get in the way.  Thus my
> somewhat rhetorical question--rhetorical because I thought the answer to be
> quite obvious.

If he doesn't have a remote fat client in mind but instead want to have
local files, you are absolutely right. I guess it all comes down to an
accurate use case.

Thanks for the reply,

Manos