Another issue of having too  many pipelines.  As i understand in the sitemap is
generated into a java class.  And the various matchers within a pipeline(s) are really
a bunch of if-else if statements.  So the more matchers you have (to match to a
pipeline or various paths within a pipeline) your going to have a large series of
if/else statements.  And... since this uses string compares and wildcards and... if
there's alot of these if else if statements it will lead to performance issues.

It may help to break things up with sub site maps to help limit the searching.

Or put the most likely pipelines to get hit first and the least likely last...