Can you share your pipeline.
Maybe you organize your content in a much smarter way than I can imagine.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Q] Pipeline best practices

> To be honest, I circumvented this whole issue by having as few pipelines
as possible.

> Basically I use action or event id's that point to metadata files.  The
metadata files have all the information how to build a portal page,  I then
use WSUI (wsui.org) files to describe each of the portlets.

> So really I only have one pipeline for the portal (external pipeline), one
for the portlets (internal pipeline), and some external pipelines to handle
gifs, jpegs, css, and js.

> the sitemap has the additional authentication actions as well as some
locale actions so it's a little more compicated than what I described
above...

> So basically I match on a metadata id (using the request parameter
matcher), rather than match URL's as I take it that most people do.  For
that matter I not really matching as my wildcard is really * and instead I'm
using a request parameter action.  If not found show a 404 message.

> So my sitemap is probably a 100-150 total lines even though it's serving
up 500-600 dynamic pages composed of approximately 700 or so portlets.  so
it's quite lean and mean.