Hello,

I've just changed the verstion of Tomcat from 4.04 to
4.1.12 with Cocoon 2.1 dev from a couple of weeks ago
and now running into memory problems.  The site now
runs extremely slow (over 1 min for some pages) spits
out:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>.

I've looked around the mail archives and tried to
follow various suggestions, however, still with no
luck.

Here is my environment:
- Win2K
- 96M RAM
- Tomcat 4.1.12
- Cocoon 1.2 dev

Here is what I've done so far:

1. When I start Windows the TaskManager shows about
60M of available memory.
2. I've added the following line to catalina.bat:
   set CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx55m"
3. I've changed cocoon.xconf store-janitor heapsize
configuration to be equal to 55M (or 57671680):

  <store-janitor logger="core.store.janitor">
    <!-- How much free memory shall be available in
the jvm -->
    <parameter name="freememory" value="1000000"/>
    <!-- Indicates the limit of the jvm memory
consumption. The default max
     heapsize for Sun's JVM is 64Mb -->
    <parameter name="heapsize" value="57671680"/>
    <!-- How often shall the cleanup thread check
memory -->
    <parameter name="cleanupthreadinterval"
value="10"/>
    <!-- Indicates the thread priority of the cleanup
thread -->
    <parameter name="threadpriority" value="5"/>
    <!-- How much percent of the elements of each
registered Store shall
     be removed when low on memory. Default 10% -->
    <parameter name="percent_to_free" value="10"/>
  </store-janitor>

After I've made the changes, I don't seem to get the
OutOfMemory exception anymore, but the site still runs
extremely slow.  The TaskManager shows CPU usage at
100%, which I suspect is due to memory to disk swaps.

Do these numbers look right, have I missed anything,
or is there anything else I could do?

Any help would be really appreciated as the
development is completely haulted by this!

Thanks,
-Alex