Ludovic de Beaurepaire said:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Try this to insert XML strings :
>
> <util:include-expr><util:expr><xsp:expr>
> yourXmlString
> </xsp:expr></util:expr></util:include-expr>

Hello Ludovic,

Thank you very much for your help! Now I know that the code generated from
XSP depends on how you position the XSP tags (and the way XML is parsed).
Originally I wrote...

<util:include-expr>
  <util:expr>
    <xsp:expr>request.getParameter ("article")</xsp:expr>
  <util:expr>
</util:include-expr>

then when I tried rewritting it to (thanks to you)...

<util:include-expr>
  <util:expr><xsp:expr>
    <![CDATA[ "<tag>" + request.getParameter ("article") + "</tag>" ]]>
  </xsp:expr><util:expr>
</util:include-expr>

the code works!!!

I just have another problem now. Is there an existing function in Cocoon
that would return a boolean flag whether a given XML string is
well-formed?

Thanks again!

Daniel