I tried every tip I could find on the web, but I never had success including
an jpg into an pdf with cocoon.
Maybe sombody can help?

Thats what I have:

XSL:FO fragment transforming IMG tags:

   <xsl:template match="IMG">
        <fo:inline>
            <fo:external-graphic src="url(MYPATHBASE/{$src})"/>
        </fo:inline>
   </xsl:template>

MYPATHPATH is changed to the real cocoon base path before serializing. So
the serializer should request the image in a correct way, that it is caugth
by this sitemap matcher:

            <map:match pattern="**.jpg">
                <map:read mime-type="image/jpg" src="resources/{1}.jpg"/>
            </map:match>

Why do I never get to see an image in my pdf`?