On 10.Jan.2003 -- 09:40 AM, Geoff Howard wrote:
> [...]

Not really. So far, all configuration data nested inside a component
declaration is considered private ie the components business.

> The reason I'm wanting to do this is I'm trying to share a mounted sitemap
> from
> others and use a sort of polymorphism - when request comes through sitemap
> A, use
> it's datasource; when it comes through B, use the one named there.  As I
> understand
> it, blocks will allow a similar mechanism, so perhaps this would be useful
> then.

It depends on the action. Runtime parameters passed using the
map:parameter syntax are substituted.

If you are using the Cocoon supplied database actions, they accept a
parameter called "connection" for the datasource.

<map:act type="db-add">
  <map:parameter name="connection" value="{global:connection}"/>
</map:act>

        Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l