OK. Still not running.

web.xml:
<init-param>
      <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
      <param-value>WEB-INF/classes/fraud_management</param-value>
 </init-param>

java-Class in ".../cocoon/Web-Inf/classes/fraud_managment":
package fraud_management;
class execute_report {

  public String get_fraud()
  {
    String hello = "Servus";
    return hello;
  }
}

xsp:
<xsp:page language="java"
      xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";>

  <xsp:structure>
      <xsp:include>fraud_management.execute_report</xsp:include>
</xsp:structure>

  <results>
    <xsp:logic>
         execute_report er = new execute_report();
         String hello = er.get_fraud();
         <option>
    <xsp:logic>
          <xsp:attribute name
="bla"><xsp:expr>hello</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>
        </xsp:logic>
      </option>
   </xsp:logic>
      </results>
</xsp:page>

I have a feeling that I don't get the entries in the web.xml

<param-value>WEB-INF/extra-classes1:/[YOU-ABSOLUTE-PATH-TO]/own.jar</param-value>
Do I have to insert additionally the class name? e.g. for Windows systems
<param-value>WEB-INF/classes/fraud_managment;C:/Apache.../fraud_managment/execute_report.class</param-value>

Thanks
Jonny

This electronic message contains information from the mmo2 plc Group which
may be
privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use
of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient
be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify
us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.

|         |           "Geoff Howard"   |
|         |           <cocoon@leveragew|
|         |           eb.com>          |
|         |           01/15/03 07:37 PM|
|         |           cocoon-users     |

  |       To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                          |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  RE: <xsp:structure> - question

<snip/>

> <xsp:page language="java"
>       xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";>
>
>   <xsp:structure>
>       <xsp:include> <!-- Meine Klasse "execute_report" --></xsp:include>
> </xsp:structure>

correct.

>   <results>
>      <xsp:logic>
>         String hello = null;
>         hello = get_g();
>         <option>
>            <xsp:logic>
>                <xsp:attribute name="bla">hello</xsp:attribute>
change the last line to:
                              <xsp:attribute name
="bla"><xsp:expr>hello</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>

You don't state what "doesn't work" but if you mean the page returned only
literal attribute bla="hello" then this should be your only problem from
what I can see.

>            </xsp:logic>
>        </option>
>    </xsp:logic>
>   </results>
> </xsp:page>
>

> Where do I have to place my Java-Class. Under .../cocoon/Web-Inf/classes
> (where I hava placed it right now!)?

yes, that works - make sure that if your class is declared part of a
package
that you replicate the directory structure under WEB-INF/classes (many
people seem to make that mistake)

> How do I call methods, like my method get_g()?

The same way you would from any java class (your usage above should work
fine) since XSP generates and compiles a java file the first time your page
is executed.  I would highly recommend going to take a look at it.  It's
under your servlet container's work directory - most likely
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon

/www/jonny/filename_xsp.java - you may have to browse around for it if I've
made incorrect guesses.

HTH,
Geoff Howard