Hello Richard,

"Richard Cunliffe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> (logs attached)
>
> Hi,
>
> I have now got cocoon to start, and I have now put my pipeline in, but
> the page is coming up blank, when viewed through IE6.
>
> My pipeline in the sitemap looks like this:
>

> <!-- soundpool Database (SQL) -->
>
> <map:pipeline>
>             <map:match pattern="soundpool/database.html">
>                       <map:generate src="soundpool/database.xml"/>
>                       <map:transform type="sql">
>                       <map:parameter name="RICHARD"
> value="soundpool"/>
>                       </map:transform>
>                       <map:transform src="databasepc.xsl"/>
Do one step after the other -- disable the transformer
for testing or use labels.

>                       <map:serialize/>
>             </map:match>
> </map:pipeline>
>

> I am unsure what should go under name="". I have assumed it's the local
> host name given in mysql?

No, it is the name of the connection as defined in your cocoon.xconf.
My entry looks like this:

  <!-- Datasources: -->
   <datasources>
    <jdbc name="slide" logger="vsc.sql" >
      <pool-controller min="2" max="6" />
      <auto-commit>true</auto-commit>
      <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://bog.fiz-chemie.de/slidestore</dburl>
      <user>slide</user>
      <password>geheim</password>
    </jdbc>
   </datasources>

So the parameter to the SQL Transformer is:
  <map:transform type="sql">
      <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="slide"/>
  </map:transform>
Remember to restart your servlet engine after changes to cocoon.xconf.

> My web.xml looks like so:
Looks okay.

> My database.xml looks like this:
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <document>
>       <text>soundpool</text>
>       <title>the databse</title>
>       <sql:execute-query xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0";>

> <sql:use-connection>localhost/soundpool</sql:use-connection>
You don't need this line.

--
Martin Holz                FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>