Sonny Sukumar wrote:

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to trim out all unnecessary whitespace on HTML and XML docs coming out of Cocoon pipelines before sending them to the browser? I'd like to save some bandwidth costs where I can. :-)

Thanks!

Sonny

to get rid of indentation (blanks and whitespace at the beginning of lines) in your HTML, setup your html serialier with the "indent" element set to "no".

Anyway, if your want a real performance improvement, instruct your webserver to compress the response (both IIS and Apache have this capability, and most browsers support it).

Regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]