Let me try to explain my problem again.

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=MailBodyViaPipeline is only part of what I'm
trying to do. When "Send Email" button is clicked, an xml String named Foo is passed
to pipeline "processOrder" and a rtf file is generated.  Then pipeline "send" will
send the rtf file as an attachment.  "processOrder" has to happen before the "send".
I found a thread talking about this
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105609808514142&w=2 (pipeline
dependencies).  But it is different from what I'm trying to do.  processOrder is
invoked only when <sendmail:attachment url="cocoon:///" name="processOrder"/> is
called from mail.xsp. So my question is how I can start "processOrder" pipeline and
attach the result to the "send" pipeline.  How can I chain these two pipelines
together?  Or is it possible to write the file to the server and then to get the
attachment thereafter?  In either way, I need to invoke processOrder first.

Thanks!
Charlene

<map:match pattern="send">
  <map:generate type="serverpages" src="mail.xsp" />
  <map:serialize />
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="processOrder">
     <map:generate type="stream">
       <map:parameter name="form-name" value="Foo"/>
     </map:generate>
     <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/system/simple-page2fo.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="fo2rtf"/>
   </map:match>

On 24.Jun.2003 -- 03:41 PM, Yan, Charlene wrote:
> When I click a "Send Email" button on the page, the application will create a rtf
> file on the server, and then sendMail will send email to an email address entered by
> the user with attachment of the rtf file and idealy the rtf file should be deleted
> from the server.

See e.g.

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=MailBodyViaPipeline

        Chris.