ho,

if you haven't setup a serializer for wml (specifying the doctype, etc.),
then you should do so.

that would look something like:

            <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.wml"
mime-type="text/vnd.wap.wml" name="wml"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
                <doctype-public>-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML
1.1//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml</doctype-system>
                <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>